Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Love Va

No longer drawing

back from an in-

commensurable fact:


So here we have begun

a straight line; erased in spots,

shaded in others, scumbled and

blurred, sharp and soft.

A line in fact, for which there

is verbal testimony. In the period

we might call Early Post Breakup

or Paleobreakup, she told me, on

her way out for the evening, her

favorite activity, her greatest satis-

faction, was flirting.

Thus this from which all else

descended. It would be this

that led to her disengagement,

it was this that led her to refuse

me shelter during recovery, this

for which she negotiated my

legally enforced absence from

my home. This for which she had

crushed my spirit and fed my cancer.

But imagine the confusion, the mental

and emotional contortions. Poor woman.

A lost soul, hopeless confusion: Exhibit A.

No comments:

Post a Comment